EXPLORE CAMP MINISTRY
The SVR Apprenticeship Program is here to provide a hands-on learning experience in a Christian camp ministry environment while providing both Biblical discipleship and leadership training. This 12-month program provides an experience that is both structured and intentional for each individual and provides an environment for learning designed to equip for spiritual development and growth, ministry awareness, and specifically Christian camp ministry readiness.
Each apprentice is hired to serve and work in their specific area for training, but with the understanding that ALL apprentices will be required at times to help out with a variety of events, teaching, cleaning, setting up/tearing down, moving and lifting items, and more.
START DATE: AUGUST 3, 2019
Check-in day for housing assignment and orientation will be determined upon hire.
END DATE: AUGUST 8, 2020
Check out on Saturday, Aug. 8 to head home.
- AED, CPR, & First Aid Training
- Educational Opportunities
- Book Reading & Study
- Writing Your Resume
- Certification in your area of training (if applicable)
- Leadership Training
- College Credit through Clarks Summit University
- Skills & Training taught and practiced in your department
- Occasional dinner at directors' homes
- Worship opportunities to attend a local church
- Servanthood training
- Springtime Mission Trip
- Daily all-staff devotions at morning staff meetings
- Off-site Bible Studies at local churches
- Spiritual Formation/Book Reading
- Attending Christian Camp Conferences
- Being Jesus to each other and guests
- Fall Staff Leadership Retreat in Eastern Ohio
- Leadership Training at Christian Camping Conferences
- Teaching/leading opportunities through promoting SVR at:
- Area Churches
- Youth Groups
- Christian Colleges
- Leading opportunities through Spring Mission Trip
- Leading devotions & prayer at staff meetings
- SVR Workplace Policies and Procedures
- Developing healthy respect for people, SVR property, and your home
- Work Ethic
- Learning expectations of you as a young adult
- Laundry, meal-planning, and budget skills
- Computer, Email, and System Skills
- Time Management
- Days off
You are investing your time here, and the staff will be devoting a tremendous amount of time pouring into you while serving. We hope to make you into a true Disciple of Christ, being intentional with your service here, and providing you with one-on-one mentors.
Apprenticeship positions we are seeking to fill will serve under department leaders in the following areas.
Skyview Ranch is seeking one Guest Services Apprentice for the upcoming year.
Skyview Ranch is seeking two Program Apprentices for the upcoming year.
Skyview Ranch is seeking one Equine Apprentice for the upcoming year.
Skyview Ranch is seeking one Maintenance Apprentice for the upcoming year.
Skyview Ranch is seeking one Kitchen/Food Services Apprentice for the upcoming year.
Skyview Ranch is seeking one Media/Marking Apprentice for the upcoming year.