Approximately 1000 campers attend SVR Summer Camp to experience incredible life impact. Camper safety has always been a priority since Skyview Ranch was founded in 1969. We want to provide your camper with a fun and safe week at camp under the care of our full-time and summer staff team. All activities are designed to be age appropriate. While there are inherent risks involved it is our intentions to ensure proper care and precaution is always taken. Here are some of the ways we make SVR Summer Camp safe and fun for you camper and our staff!
- 3-step staff interview process that includes questions about their Biblical beliefs on various issues and a comprehensive background check
- All staff are CPR and First Aid Trained
- Certified lifeguards and qualified high rope, kitchen, and barn staff supervising all camp sponsored activities throughout the week
- 80+ hours of summer staff training for our counseling. program, and support staff
- Two trained staff with campers in each cabin throughout the night*
- Each staff member must do one hour of Ministry Safe training
- When only one staff member is present during rest time they are to be outside of the door with the door propped open
- No camper or staff member is ever to be in the same bed with another camper or staff
- Side hugs are the acceptable form of hugs at Skyview
- Cell phones are not to be used in restricted areas shuch as bathrooms and showers
We believe a Christian camp experience is valuable for all children, youth and adults and therefore, accept all applicants regardless of gender identification. However, boys will be lodged with other boys and girls will be lodged with other girls based on biological gender assigned at birth. Additionally, campers will be expected to use the restroom facility based on biological gender assigned at birth. Gender-neutral restrooms/showers will not be provided. The staff at Skyview Ranch may address and dismiss any camper displaying behavior that is considered inconsistent with this standard or our Articles of Faith/Doctrinal Statement or as communicated in other documents..
*Includes all SVR Summer Camp progams except Sr. High Camp Programs