7th Grade-Recent Grads
2021 DATES & PRICES
SVR Scuba Camp runs Monday through Saturday
- July 5 - 10 | $625
- ATTENTION RETURNING SCUBA CAMPERS:
Campers with successful certifications from a previous year of Scuba Camp will receive a discount of $105 off their 2020 Scuba Camp registration.
Think you have seen all that Skyview Ranch has to offer? Think again.
This summer, campers will have a one of a kind opportunity to go below the waves and experience Skyview like never before!
Skyview is partnering once again with Columbus Scuba, a 5 Star PADI Instructor Development Center, where trained and certified instructors will offer all campers registered for Scuba camp, a PADI Open Water Scuba Diver certification. This certification is a lifetime certification. There are 3 components to our open water certification courses:
ACADEMICS - Where campers learn the theory behind diving and the principles of scuba.
CONFINED WATER TRAINING - Where campers practice the actual sport of scuba diving in a local pool close to camp.
OPEN WATER SESSIONS – Conducted at Gilboa Quarry where you demonstrate what you learned and the final step in certification. Campers will spend 2 days (Thursday and Friday) at the quarry located in Gilboa, Ohio (outside Findlay, OH).
Trained diving instructors will show campers how to safely use scuba equipment to explore the world of the deep. Campers will get to enjoy the Skyview experience for the first three days, where they will learn the what’s, why’s and how’s of Scuba and gain a greater appreciation for the 80% of God’s creation that lies below the surface of the deep.
Sound like your cup of tea? Get registered ASAP.
Learn the necessary fundamentals of diving and legally dive, purchase equipment, buy air, board dive charts and dive resorts and continue your diving experience. The cost includes camper’s books, PADI certification, equipment rental, dive tables, and all check out dives (both confined and open water).
SCUBA CAMP ACTIVITIES
- Scuba Training from Columbus Scuba PADI Certified Instructors
- Learn history of diving, scuba equipment, and physical effects of the diving environment
- Physiological aspects of diving
- Spend time in camp and local pools to learn academics and all pool sessions
- Trip to nearby Gilboa Dive Quarry for open water dives and final certification
- Return to camp with PADI Open Water Scuba Diver certification
- Miscellaneous Evening Jr. High & Sr. High Activities
- Chapel Sessions